
Meet Bones. Bones is a UB Funkey, the latest "must-have" in the world of electronic gadgetry.
Now for those who don't know, a Funkey is a kind of big USB hub thingie that you plug in, and then you get smaller characters that sit on top of that. It then runs some software, that takes you onto the Internet, into a virtual "Funkey" world where you can play games, meet friends, earn money etc. etc. There are all different characters, and each one unlocks a different bit of the site.
Because all the kids are so into these at the moment, they are of course VHTF. "Funkies?" cried the woman in Toys R Us, looking horrified. "They come in on Thursdays, but they are usually all sold out after 5 minutes. Your best bet is to get here EARLY!"
Now as mother of 2 small kids, I have been here before over the years - queueing up, and in some cases scrapping, with the rest of the child-bearing populace outside John Lewis over the latest must-have. Hmm, let's see.... first there were Cabbage Patch Dolls, then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then Power Rangers, then cuddly Teletubbies, then the Doctor Who Talking Cyberman Head ... and that's only the ones I remember, I'm sure there have been more. The Supply and Demand Curve of Popular Toys is not a new phenomenon to me.
Anyway, to get back to the purpose of the story, there is a shop with LOADS of Funkey Starter Kits in stock, all you have to do is go ask, pay 20 quid (that is even cheaper than Ebay!!!) and off you go to Funkey Heaven. And where is this wonderful Funkey Paradise? Wait for it........
ARGOS! And the reason there are all these unsold Funkeys?
They aren't in the catalogue!!! I got the catalogue number off their website. Now do please excuse me, I'm off to play with my Twinx.
No comments:
Post a Comment